If you are planning on going downtown San Francisco tonight, don’t plan on driving over! Critical Mass will be in full effect, and SFMTA will be having free service. For those of you closer to a BART station, there will be extended holiday hours. I urge everyone to purchase their return ticket ahead of time just so you won’t be waiting in line at the ticket machine.
- Muni travel, including cable cars, is free from 8 p.m. New Year’s Eve until 6 a.m. New Year’s Day.
- Customers are encouraged to use the Metro to get into and out of the Downtown area.
- Additional Metro service from 8 p.m. to 2:15 a.m. from West Portal to Caltrain and until 4 a.m. from Embarcadero to West Portal Station.
- J, K, L, M, and N Metro lines are operating on their regular weekday schedule, until shortly before 1 a.m.
- Owl service: Extra service on Muni Owl Lines (1 a.m. to 5 a.m service): 5 Fulton, 14 Mission, 22 Fillmore, 24 Divisadero, 38 Geary, 90 Owl, 91 Owl, and L and N Owl motor coach service. Frequency will be shortened from 30 to 15 minutes.
- Extra Owl service is subject to change, based on operating conditions.
- The San Francisco 311 Customer Service Center, is open all night, as ususal, for travel assistance.
- The F Market and Wharves Line is using buses after 4 p.m. There will be reroutes only if necessary.
- BART travel will run until 3am tonight.
- TheCultureBite tip: Buy a round trip ticket first.
- East Bay Customers – Pittsburg/Bay Point and Richmond lines – Embarcadero station closed.
- East Bay Customers – Dublin/Pleasanton and Fremont – Montgomery station closed.
- TheCultureBite tip: Try to get on and off stations away from Embarcadero and Montgomery stations.